Building a killer team is crucial to your success as an entrepreneur.
Here’s how to do it:
1. Look for real talent. Hire people who are smarter and have more experience than you.
2. Seek out different skill sets. When you’re building a small team, it’s incredibly important that each member bring something different to the table.
3. Avoid the temptation to micromanage. Everyone needs direction and management, but no one likes to be micromanaged.
4. Hire people that believe in your product. You can’t teach an employee to care. If they aren’t thrilled by the opportunity to work with you, take a pass.
5. Recognize that different people have different goals. For some, it’s money. For others, it’s recognition.
6. Set the bar high. Everyone should be on the same page with regard to what you expect and hope for.
7. Create a safe space. Take the time and effort to create an open, welcoming environment.
8. Never stop learning. Make educating your team a priority.
9. Don’t forget to celebrate your achievements as a group. There will be lots of small successes along the way.
To read the entire article, please visit www.entrepreneur.com.